Links to Federal Agencies

  • To receive congressional assistance with a federal agency, I will need to have your written permission, complete with relevant identification numbers (Social Security number, Veteran's Service number, CSA number, or other claim number), phone number, and address. Fill out the Privacy Release form
  • Once I have received your written permission, we will contact the appropriate agency on your behalf.
  • An interim response should be received from the agency within 30-45 days. This is a standard guideline that may vary for each individual case. My staff and I will stay in touch with you and with the appropriate agency throughout the process. 
  • When the agency's final response is received, you will be notified by my office by phone or letter.
  • If you have an ongoing claim, further information may be requested from the agency on your behalf.

If you need assistance or have a question about a federal agency, Congressman Stutzman's staff may be able to help resolve the problem or provide helpful information.  Some of the most frequently asked questions pertain to the following agencies:

Things to Know:

According to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Standards of Official Conduct, my office cannot act as an attorney or offer legal assistance in any way.

Information concerning attorney referral services can be found at the Legal Service Organization at (317) 631-9410 and the American Bar Association at (317) 264-8340.

My jurisdiction as a United States Congressman does not extend to programs and other matters governed by the various departments of the State of Indiana.

While I will always do my best to assist you, please remember that federal agencies have discretion concerning decisions on individual cases. I am not permitted by law to force an independent agency to change its determination.